[Ads-l] Quote verification

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 12 02:43:45 UTC 2020

This Slate piece is the best investigation into what the heck Biden might
have been thinking when he said that. He may have been conflating a line in
the 1952 Tyrone Power movie "Pony Soldier" ("The pony soldier speaks with a
tongue of the snake that rattles") with a line in the 1949 John Wayne movie
"She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" ("So here they are, the dog-faced soldiers...").

https://slate.com/culture/2020/02/joe-biden-dog-faced-pony-soldier-john-wayne-tyrone-power.html