[Ads-l] Quote: I have never thrown an illegal pitch. The trouble is some of my pitches were never seen by this generation

Wed Jan 22 19:03:56 UTC 2020

The QI website now has an entry for the quotation in the subject line.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/01/22/pitch/

Wikiquote and the YBQ  list 1982 citations. Here is evidence from 1958.

[ref] 1958 March 5, The Miami Herald, Psychiatrist Satch Set for
Season by Eddie Storin (Herald Sports Writer), Quote Page 5D, Column
6, Miami, Florida. (Newspapers_com) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]
"I have never thrown an illegal pitch," he straight-faced. "The
trouble is some of my pitches were never seen by this generation,
until I came along.

"But you know a fella named (Rube) Waddell used that hesitation pitch
of mine back in the 1890's"
[End excerpt]

Feedback welcome
Garson