[Ads-l] Shes's a "Karen" - new to me = a mean meme

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 8 05:03:42 UTC 2020

> victimology game

Do you mean, "_victimization_ game"? We marginalized are better at it,
having had _much_ more practice at that "game."

Closer to topic: Rob Dyrdek, host of Ridiculousness on MTV, uses "Debbie"
as well as "Karen" and uses "Darrell" and "Chad" for their male
counterparts. Any connection between Dyrdek's Karen and the "standard"
Karen is probably coincidental, since he's been using the term for the past
ten years or so and applies it to any white female of whatever age or
social class who "shows out" in any way whatsoever, whether as perpetrator
or as victim.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 8:38 PM W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dr. Bethan Tovey-Walsh, don't be a Karen.  Lighten up. You're verging on
> elder abuse. Two can play the victimology game.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain