[Ads-l] "Say good night, Gracie"

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Fri Jul 17 15:43:39 UTC 2020

Right! Thanks for the correction.
Stephen G.

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 11:25 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: "Say good night, Gracie"

Well, to get technical on you, it was Radner’s Emily Litella who trademarked “nevermind”, not her Roseanne Roseannadanna.  Here she is, asking why everyone is so upset about violins on television: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLeaSWY37I__;!!OToaGQ!6tFeVNzqrF3kGmAzUQZ6SBu7n93DZzT0r--wkGxjMGlGzY-kUW2qRAWhDDDEeFrv$

(I confess I only know this because I needed to refresh my memory a couple of months back when I wanted to invoke “nevermind” in the same way after someone on this list corrected one of my own misunderstandings.)

LH