[Ads-l] obscene slang on TV

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Jun 1 10:44:35 UTC 2020

Link to the episode/time? There's a bunch of stuff out there, and these are long episodes.

The earliest example of "pearl necklace" in the sexual sense is 1984 (in OED); Green's Dictionary of Slang has 1993. (I do know of a 1972 example of _pearl_ 'drop of semen'.) So this would be a really nice antedating, if real. Maybe it got by the censors because no one knew what it meant, and it could plausibly be its standard meaning.

Jesse Sheidlower