[Ads-l] Kettling

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jun 6 20:28:11 UTC 2020

From Stephen Colbert’s show yesterday (or maybe the day before):

"Colbert further noted that police have been corralling protesters and refusing to let them leave, guaranteeing they break curfew and thus giving the police an excuse to arrest them. Not that lack of an excuse appears to have stopped the police before. There's a name for when police box in a crowd of people to create a pretext to arrest them. It's called a 'kettle,'" said Colbert.  I guess that's a case of the cops calling a kettle on anyone black."

https://mashable.com/video/stephen-colbert-police-brutality-peaceful-protests/
A bit forced, but...