[Ads-l] RES: Donald J. Trump Quotes from 2019-2020

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Thu Jun 11 00:44:17 UTC 2020

"And, you know, when you say "per capita," there's many per capitas. It's,
like, per capita relative to what?"
DAD

-----Mensagem original-----
De: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] Em nome de
Shapiro, Fred
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 10 de junho de 2020 20:35
Para: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Assunto: Donald J. Trump Quotes from 2019-2020
-------------------

I am checking over the copyediting of the forthcoming second edition of the=
Yale Book of Quotations.  This gives me one final chance to add recent quo=
tations from President Trump.  I would welcome any suggestions of notable q=
uotations from the President from the period from December 2018 to the pres=
ent.  I already have the following:

I would like you to do us a favor, though.
Memorandum of telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zele=
nskiy, 25 July 2019

One day, it's [the novel coronavirus is] like a miracle, it will disappear.
Remarks at African-American History Month reception at White House, 27 Feb.=
 2020

When somebody is the President of the United States the authority is total.
Remarks at White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, 13 Apr. 2020

I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it [the coronavirus that causes COV=
ID-19] out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do somethin=
g like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.
Remarks at White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, 23 Apr. 2020

Fred Shapiro