[Ads-l] Murphy's Law

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 11 01:01:17 UTC 2020

"In" for "and" would be a really farfetched typo, not ordinary at all. Your
second hypothesis is much stronger: that it's a recognition (ASR) error,
what at Dragon Systems we called a *recco*. (I was Senior Linguist there
for 12 years.) But I agree with you that neither of these makes sense, and
so are almost certainly not eggcorns. Imho the same goes for Ben's &
James's other examples.

Mark Mandel

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020, 12:49 PM Baker, John <JBAKER at stradley.com> wrote:

> “Left in right” just looks like an ordinary typo to me, possibly resulting
> from a software speech recognition error.  I would also question whether
> some of the other examples, particularly “neck in neck,” are really
> eggcorns.

John Baker