[Ads-l] linguistics in the comics: "anymore"

Sun Mar 8 16:54:33 UTC 2020

Comic readers who are intrigued by the history of the saying discussed
in the strip may find this citation interesting.

[Begin excerpt]
“You are young yet, my friend,” replied my host, “but the time will
arrive when you will learn to judge for yourself of what is going on
in the world, without trusting to the gossip of others. Believe
nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.
[End excerpt]

Edgar Allan Poe in "The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether"
November 1845, Graham’s American Monthly Magazine of Literature and Art
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/06/23/half-see/

Garson