[Ads-l] "so crazy it might just work"

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 26 20:32:55 UTC 2020

There are many variations on the theme, e.g. "It's just crazy enough to
work."

---
Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY), Dec. 20, 1944, p. 10
"I have heard some people say the whole business is crazy, and it may be,"
Harrod said. "But maybe it's just crazy enough to work out."
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47400034/just-crazy-enough-to-work-out/
---
Brockway (PA) Record, Nov. 15, 1956, p. 6
Old Greg had explained the plan to us the night before, and by George it
was just crazy enough to work.
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47402250/just-crazy-enough-to-work/
---
Miami Herald, Jan. 20, 1958, p. 10C
"It's one of my crazy ideas," he [sc. John Steinbeck] said. "But it might
be crazy enough to work."
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47402306/it-might-be-crazy-enough-to-work/
---