[Ads-l] Generification of "skype lesson" in the context of teaching via videoconference in coronavirus times

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Tue Mar 31 17:58:08 UTC 2020

I just had an exchange with a musician about taking a musical instrument
lesson remotely. We had been discussing what I thought we both referred to
as "Skype lessons". Once we agreed on a time, he wrote me this:

""""
By the way, just so you know I used Facebook Messenger recently for a skype
lesson and it worked pretty well. We'll try Skype and if it gives us issues
we can always switch to Facebook.
""""

This is an educated and well-travelled native speaker of American English
from, and living in, Western North Carolina. I don't know his age, but I'd
guess, late thirties or forties.

I think we'll see this more in this subset of the educational world:
individual instrument lessons being taught via the internet.

Chris

Chris Waigl . chris.waigl at gmail.com . chris at lascribe.net
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net . http://chryss.eu