[Ads-l] Wham, bam, thank you, ma'am

Mon May 11 03:31:32 UTC 2020

Way back in 2011 there was an interesting mailing list thread that is
germane to this topic.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2011-July/110654.html

Back in 2011 I found a Google Books (GB) match for a Barbasol shaving
cream advertisement in The American Magazine and The Saturday Evening
Post. The phrase "the old, slam-bang, thank-you-ma'ams" appeared in
the ad. It seems to have meant a bumpy and jolting ride. This GB match
is still unverified.

Garson