[Ads-l] SWATTING

James A. Landau jjjrlandau at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 14 19:36:54 UTC 2020

A new term for me, but it sems to have been around for years.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/atlantic/police-fire/swatting-bogus-hostage-call-brings-swat-to-quiet-north-jersey-neighborhood/787822/

Atlantic Daily Voice  email edition May 11, 2020

SWATTING: Bogus Hostage Call Brings SWAT To Quiet North Jersey Neighborhood

SWATTING: Bogus Hostage Call Brings SWAT To Quiet North Jersey Neighborhood
 by Jerry DeMarco
<https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/atlantic/staff/4/jerry-demarco/>

from inside the article

<quote>
[Police] determined in less than an hour that they’d been subjected to a
“swatting” incident <snip> "Swatting" incidents peaked nationwide about
five years ago but have since subsided somewhat
<end quote>

assorted comments:

On I-76 near Camden, New Jersey, the highway department posted signs
reading "FLATTEN THE CURVE, NOT YOUR TIRE".  I'm still trying to figure out
what action I should take in response to that message.

My 4-year-old grandson asked, "Why did they call it a 'car dealership' when
there's not ship there?  [long pause] Maybe it arrived by ship."

Monday, May 11, 2020
heading "GRAMMARIAN FUNERAL"
the eulogist is saying "For a long time, she was still, unresponsive, and
serene.  In other words, she was in an Oxford coma."
.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Two people are standing in front of a door that is labelled "CENTER FOR
HOMONYM DYSFUNCTION".  One is saying "Well, this looks like the plays".

James Landau jjjrlandau at gmail.com