[Ads-l] "Ticked off"; was Re: Punchline: A thing up with which I will not put (July 31, 1941)

Tue May 19 23:25:46 UTC 2020

I suspected that the phrase “ticked off” might confuse readers, so I
included the pertinent definition in the QI article when I added the
1941 citation. I apologize for not including this with the ADS post.

[Begin excerpt]
The phrase “ticked off” in the passage below meant “scolded”.
[End excerpt]

I came to the same conclusion as LH.

Garson