[Ads-l] New York Sunday Mercury

dave at WILTON.NET dave at WILTON.NET
Sun Nov 15 13:18:39 UTC 2020

Does anyone know if the New York Sunday Mercury has been digitized, and if so, where it might be found? I can't find it in any of the usual databases.

It's a rather important paper (the first to publish Mark Twain, the first to cover baseball), so I'm a bit surprised that I can't find it.

In particular, I suspect that it contains a pre-1841 antedating of "hell in a handbasket/handcart."

--Dave Wilton