[Ads-l] WOTY candidate: unhoused

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Sep 2 00:22:21 UTC 2020

Probably recency illusion, but I've been noticing the use of "unhoused"
instead of "homeless": I heard Cori Bush, the new Missouri
representative use it in an interview:

" But, you know, I bring a different - you know, I bring something
different, you know? And that is coming from the heart of the ground,
out of the activist community, out of the Ferguson uprising, you know,
being unhoused, being, you know, just a whole different - just a
different outlook."

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/18/903616343/congressional-candidate-from-missouri-on-racial-justice-and-policing

And now I see it in an e-mail from ACLU:

"It was only because of a local moratorium that they were able to keep a
roof above their heads. Since that expired, both they and her son could
now be unhoused in a pandemic."

"Rent is Due Tomorrow," ACLU, 31 Aug 2020, e-mail.

Sorry if other folks have already commented on this.

---Amy West