[Ads-l] Word: twindemic

Fri Sep 11 20:44:37 UTC 2020

Email sent from Winn Dixie supermarket and received by me on September 11, 2020.

[Begin excerpt]
While there isn’t a vaccine for COVID-19 (yet!), there is one for
influenza. Health care experts are pushing the importance of flu shots
this year in fear of what they are calling a "twindemic".
[End excerpt]

On July 2, 2020  @Alt_NASA asked about a term for simultaneous
pandemics. @MaydNMerica answered with "twindemic". The tweet named two
virus related terms: H1N1 and Covid-19. But the terminology was a
little mixed up. H1N1 is an influenza A virus subtype. Covid-19 is a
viral disease.

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/Alt_NASA/status/1278835274374688769?s=20
AltNASA @Alt_NASA
What's the term for simultaneous pandemics?
7:37 PM · Jul 2, 2020·Twitter for Android
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info for response to AltNASA]
https://twitter.com/MaydNMerica/status/1278839495144755205?s=20
DangerDangerDanger @MaydNMerica
Replying to @Alt_NASA
H1N1 & Covid-19=twindemic
7:54 PM · Jul 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
[End tweet info]

There are some earlier tweets with twindemic, but the sense seems to
be different.

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/LDrogosPhD/status/1070819291144966144
Dr. Lauren Drogos @LDrogosPhD
Should I use #Twindemic2019 as a hashtag?
@HubsPhD HELP!
6:16 PM · Dec 6, 2018·Twitter Web Client
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/HubsPhD/status/1070821945879347200?s=20
Erik Carlson @HubsPhD
Replying to @LDrogosPhD
Twindemic sounds like a plague of twins....
TwinTrackAcademic?
6:27 PM · Dec 6, 2018·Twitter for Android
[End tweet info]

Garson