[Ads-l] Hella research inquiry

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Sep 29 02:40:43 UTC 2020

I was thinking based on some of (summa?) these cites that cases like “hell of fun” and “hell of fine” below might have been vectors for reanalysis:  “hell of fun” > “hella fun”, or “hell o fun”, whence “hell o tough”. But that was in the 1987-88 yearbook, and given the earlier yearbook cases back to ’82 that Ben posted subsequently, I’m not sure how much of a factor this was.  Anyway—thanks to both of you for the antedates and the localization to the East Bay.

LH