[Ads-l] "Does She Have _A_ TikTok?"

Martin Kaminer martin.kaminer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 1 10:31:31 UTC 2021

Thanks. Still curious as to how or why a seemingly superfluous article
would widely appear and persist when the sentence works perfectly well
without it. The meaning of "a tiktok" is, well, anything but definite,
which is to say _referring to a particular member of a group or class_.
Are there any analagous examples of such conversational counter-entropy in
other domains or is this somehow social media/GenZ specific?