[Ads-l] RES: Lewis Carroll Misquotes

Mon Apr 5 00:59:01 UTC 2021

The QI website now has an article about the saying erroneously
attributed to Lewis Carroll. Thanks to all.

The Hurrier I Go, the Behinder I Get
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2021/04/04/behinder/

[Begin acknowledgement]
The article in “The Guardian” was mentioned on the mailing list of the
American Dialect Society which inspired QI to tackle this topic.
Thanks to discussants Bill Mullins, Geoffrey Nathan, Andy Bach, David
Daniel, and Laurence Horn. In addition, thanks to quotation expert
Nigel Rees who referred to the article in “The Guardian” and explored
this topic in his April 2021 “Quote… Unquote” newsletter.
[End acknowledgement]

Garson