[Ads-l] "A comic does funny things; a comedian does things funny"

Ben Yagoda byagoda at UDEL.EDU
Tue Apr 27 14:03:16 UTC 2021

Interestingly, the OED doesn’t have en entry for adverb “funny” meaning humorously (as in the quote), only for peculiarly (as in “He talked funny”). There is an entry for “funnily” meaning humorously (as well as peculiarly or surprisingly).

Ben