[Ads-l] to victim-blame, vt

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Aug 8 13:16:13 UTC 2021

I tried googling and found these, which I would expect to be replicated with other back-formed compound verbs:

Anyway, my mom just drunk-drove me to the theater, where I saw WAR HORSE!
She drunk drove me home- made out in her parents truck,.
The night we met he drunk drove me home from a dive bar, pulled over in front of my apartment and said, “You know I’m just trying to score right?”
he asked me to bribe the American embassy to get him a visa, and then drunk drove me to my hostel
i fainted and hit my head and had a seizute #a GRAND MAL seizure #and then you drunk drove me to the emergency room and we got in a car accident

Lots of hits for “victim-blamed me” as well.  But it is nice to get them in the wild.

LH