[Ads-l] Looks like a little bridegroom on a wedding cake

Wed Aug 18 05:25:18 UTC 2021

Laurence Horn wrote:
> Nice.  This descriptor brings to mind an analogous one,
> when George H. W. Bush (and perhaps also Al Gore)
> was regularly described as “every woman’s first husband”.

During the 1984 election Walter Mondale and Geraldine Ferraro
challenged Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush. A debate occurred
between the candidates for Vice President: Ferraro and Bush. An
article in "The Wall Street Journal" by Barbara Ehrenreich and Jane
O'Reilly discussed the debate. Bush was labelled "every woman's first
husband". This citation was the first match I found during a quick
search.