[Ads-l] How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?...

Tue Aug 24 14:19:18 UTC 2021

Back in April 2021 Stephen Goranson inquired about the statement in
the subject line.
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2021-April/159672.html

Now the Quote Investigator website has an entry on the topic.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2021/08/24/how-old/

[Begin excerpt]
Great thanks to Stephen Goranson who inquired about this quotation and
pointed to two 1978 citations. This led QI to formulate this question
and perform this exploration.
[End excerpt]

Feedback welcome
Garson O'Toole