[Ads-l] North Carolina accent

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 24 20:03:06 UTC 2021

Yes, the Pigeon River. A minute or so before the end*, when she's calling
people (her sons) to get off the bridge because the water level is getting
it ON the bridge, she says "That's the Pigeon". Although of you hadn't
clued us in your initial post I'm not sure I'd've understood it.

*For some reason I'm not getting time-elapsed or time-left displays, or a
growing "thermometer" line, on this video on my phone.

Dr. Whom: Consulting Linguist, Grammarian, Orthoëpist, and Philological
Busybody,
Editor and Proofreader
a.k.a. Mark Mandel