[Ads-l] The cavalry arrives in the nick of time.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 2 12:55:31 UTC 2021

Thanks for the kind words.  Here's an ex. that explicitly connects it with
the screen (or, less likely, the stage):

1943 _Seattle Daily Times_ (May 3) 13:  But like the American cavalry
arriving in the nick of time to rescue the embattled frontiersman [sic] of
the old-time melodrama, June Havoc is on her way from Chicago to Hollywood.

JL