[Ads-l] cowardous, adj.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 4 22:04:14 UTC 2021

OED has this "obsolete" syn. for "cowardly" from 1480-1608.

Noah Webster had it in 1828, with the note "Not used."

2021 Rep. Barbara Lee (D.-Calif.) on_Deadline White House_ (MSNBC TV) (Feb.
4):  I believe in many respects that the Republicans acted in a
cowardous manner. ... They are spineless and acting in a cowardous way.

Google reveals 300 hits for "a cowardice [sic] manner" and bare handful for
"a cowardous [sic] way."

JL