[Ads-l] dad joke

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Feb 6 12:54:52 UTC 2021

Wikipedia: "A dad joke is a short joke, typically a pun, presented as a
one-liner or a question and answer, but not a narrative. Generally
inoffensive, dad jokes are stereotypically told by fathers among family,
either with sincere humorous intent, or to intentionally provoke a negative
reaction to its overly-simplistic humor."

I've been hearing this a lot for the last year or so: "Is that a dad joke?"
The question implies, "That's pretty dumb joke. Why did you tell it?"

Essentially, "a simple quip or joke that is not very clever or funny, of a
sort that might be told by one's father."

JL