[Ads-l] Is "Jezebel" a racist name?

Tomas Alvarez tomasalvarez95 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 11 01:28:56 UTC 2021

The way the two Baptist pastors from Texas meant it was *overtly racist*.
They might as well have added: "By the way, we're calling her 'Jezebel'
because she is both black and Indian, something we cannot even begin to
understand." I'm noticing a concerning trend in this mailing list of
consistently relativizing racism and misogyny. Are we the ADS list or the
hate list?

Tomas