[Ads-l] pull(ing) (off) a PN (Ty Cobb) stunt

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Thu Feb 11 02:31:23 UTC 2021

My nomination for the start is 'hector', probably the intransitive verb,
"To play the hector or bully; to brag, bluster, domineer. Also, to
hector it." OED. It started in the 17th century; maybe with the noun, as
used in The Merry Wives of Windsor: "Said I well, bully Hector?" I doubt
anybody (except perhaps me) would say "pull a Hector", though.

James Eric Lawson