[Ads-l] Meta-analysis (in philosophy) antedating (?) 1952

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Wed Feb 17 10:10:03 UTC 2021

Lecture delivered on June 23, 1952, Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society [London; JSTOR] 52 (1951-2) 261-80 here 274. Morris Lazerowitz, “The Paradoxes of Motion.”
Schopenhauer made the penetrating observation that our intellect is in the service of our emotional needs; and, indeed, it would hardly come as a surprise if the motivation for the paradox turned out to have deeper sources than the superficial one that meta-analysis discovers for us.
SG