[Ads-l] failure is not an option

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Sun Jan 24 22:40:20 UTC 2021

A report in (paywalled) 01 May 1980 The Rock Island Argus, p 9,
left col., toward bottom,
https://www.newspapers.com/image/665559582/?terms=%22failure%20is%20not%20an%20option%22&match=2
quotes US Energy Dept. Sec. Charles W. Duncan Jr. from a "news conference":

"We don't have the luxury of having failure as an option," he said.
"It's going to be until the turn of the century before we have
substantial returns from alternative energy sources."

Variations on the theme follow, including this from a witness for the
July 21, 1981 Small, high technology firms, inventors, and innovation
hearings before the Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight of the
Committee on Science and Technology, U.S. House of Representatives,
Ninety-seventh Congress
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015082338743&view=1up&seq=67&q1=not%20an%20option

"Failure was not an option available to them." p 63.

--
James Eric Lawson