[Ads-l] significant interdating of "pussy"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 29 00:08:07 UTC 2021

1919 O. A. Wall _Sex and Sex Worship_ (St. Louis: Mosby) 473: When the
Barrison sisters came to this country, they were advertised as the
wickedest girls in the world; they were dancers and singers.  They are here
(Fig. 278) represented in their celebrated song and dance, entitled: "Do
you see my little pussy?" The manner in which they hold the little kittens
shows to what "pussies" they had reference.

It sure does. According to Wackipedia, the five Barrison Sisters were on
stage in the U.S. in the mid-1890s.

JL