[Ads-l] Antedating of "Little Green Man" in Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 8 14:13:31 UTC 2021

I see that Peter Reitan reported on the 1907 moon men in 2018 - with a 1906
dateline.

Here's a little green fairy-type-man long before any thus far reported:

1801 in _The Spirit of the Public Journals_ (London: Phillips, 1802) 348:
THE LITTLE GREEN MAN   A GERMAN STORY...  Ibid.  349: The _Little Green
Man_ in the dead of the night,/ Fell in love with a maiden, so gaily
bedight.

JL