[Ads-l] Based--a new sense

Nancy Friedman wordworking at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 13 19:12:52 UTC 2021

You're not alone in noticing this usage recently. See this May 4 tweet from
Derek Thompson, a staff writer at The Atlantic:
https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1389639991853207553?s=20

But it's been circulating for a while. I wrote about it in 2017, noting its
roots in the 2014 Gamergate brouhaha.
https://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2017/08/word-of-the-week-based.html

Nancy Friedman
Chief Wordworker