[Ads-l] suckers

Thu May 20 13:47:15 UTC 2021

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> John Avlon, CNN today: "There's an old saying in poker: 'If you look around
> the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.'
>
> I've heard this once or twice before, probably only within the past two
> years.

It is an interesting adage.
The Quote Investigator article about it begins with a 1979 citation.
Super-investor Warren Buffett Berkshire Hathaway helped to popularize
the saying when he used it in the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder
letter released in 1988.

Look Around the Poker Table; If You Can’t See the Sucker, You’re It
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/07/09/poker-patsy/

Garson