[Ads-l] Quote: I used to think I was the strangest person =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=A6_?=Not Frida Kahlo (Also website hack)

Thu Nov 25 00:55:54 UTC 2021

On Nov 22, 2021 the official twitter account of The Museum of Modern
Art (MoMA) in New York tweeted a quotation attributed to Frida Kahlo.

https://twitter.com/MuseumModernArt/status/1462803457434439680

[Begin excerpt]
"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I
thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone
just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do." —
Frida Kahlo
[End excerpt]

On Nov 23, 2021 a tweet from @trophyhuman stated that the quotation
was really from her friend Becky and not from Frida Kahlo. The tweet
linked to my analysis of the topic which was originally posted in
2016. It is a fun story about a misattribution.

https://twitter.com/trophyhuman/status/1463216585821368320

[Begin excerpt]
frida kahlo didn't say this, my friend becky wrote this on a picture
of frida kahlo and sent it to postsecret in 2008 and it's been
attributed to kahlo ever since!!!!
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/01/28/flawed/
[End excerpt]

The tweet from @trophyhuman currently has 16.3K likes and 1,999
retweets. Traffic to the QI website today has increased by about
10,000 additional visitors.

Meanwhile, my hosting service GoDaddy announced that it had suffered a
massive hack that compromised more than one million websites including
mine. The hack occurred months ago and was undetected until very
recently.

I noticed strange activity a few days ago before the GoDaddy
announcement, and I initiated a security audit. The security service
has stated that the QI website looks clean.

If you see anything anomalous with the Quote Investigator website
please let me know. Thanks.

Garson