[Ads-l] xenobot

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 30 16:10:12 UTC 2021

Science update:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-xenobots-worlds-first-living-000809015.html
 :

Scientists who created xenobots, the world's first living robots, say the
life forms are "the first-ever, self-replicating living robots."

The tiny organisms were originally unveiled in 2020. The robots were
assembled from heart and skin stem cells belonging to the African clawed
frog. They can move independently for about a week before running out of
energy, are self-healing and break down naturally.

JL