[Ads-l] and/but

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 19 20:28:14 UTC 2021

Cf. "and/or."Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC has been using this frequently for
the past year or two (or more). It means 'and' when 'but' might be equally
appropriate.

Today's ex.:

"The White House seems to be saying ... executive privilege isn't a thing
for Steve Bannon, who's now a podcaster, and/but the insurrection is so
serious we wouldn't honor it even if it might be."

JL