[Ads-l] RES: Wokeness and the English language

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Thu Oct 21 00:06:45 UTC 2021

Well, what scared me about the article is that it described what I have
observed. I saw no claims that were beyond the reality I have observed. I
just had not read anything that gathered them all together. If he missed
some linguistic history, I don't think that affects the value of his
comments about present events. Cancel-culture linguistic mania is way over
the top, and social media is allowing the tail to wag the dog. "One guy with
a twitter account..."
DAD

-----Mensagem original-----
De: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] Em nome de
dave at wilton.net
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 20 de outubro de 2021 17:48
Para: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Assunto: Re: Wokeness and the English language

---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       "dave at wilton.net" <dave at WILTON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Wokeness and the English language
---

=0AI had respect for Michael Lewis, but not only does he demonstrate ignora=
nce of linguistics and the history of the English language, but he gets bas=
ic, easily researched facts wrong.=0A =0AHe is going the route of J.K. Rowl=
ing. Sad, really.=0A =0A =0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: "David Danie=
l" <dad at COARSECOURSES.COM>=0ASent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 4:23pm=0ATo:=
 ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=0ASubject: [ADS-L] Wokeness and the English languag=
e=0A=0A=0A=0AVery interesting article and, at least for me, scary.=0Ahttps:=
//www.commentary.org/articles/michael-lewis/wokeness-english-language/=0A=
=0AThe American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org