[Ads-l] "forever home"

Fri Oct 22 14:20:30 UTC 2021

The phrase was used by the "Children's Home Society" in June 1959.

Date: June 19, 1959
Newspaper: The Whittier News
Newspaper Location: Whittier, California
Article: Children's Home Auxiliary Future Forecast At Installation Luncheon
Quote Page 6, Column 6
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/image/683989970/

[Begin excerpt – check for typos]
"Older children can be more readily helped in such a setting; and even
tiny babies reflect the personal love and care of their foster
family," she said, adding that all of the children are regularly
checked at the society's clinic. When the child goes to his new
"forever" home, he is well adjusted both physically and emotionally,
according to the direction.
[End excerpt]

The last word might be a mistake in the newspaper article. The word
"director" makes more sense, I think.

Garson