[Ads-l] liminal as "between the lines"

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Mon Oct 25 12:05:38 UTC 2021

I saw a poster announcing a conference: "Liminality: Between the Lines." A humunculus cried out: "That's not what liminality means!"
But, evidently, that poster was not the only such instantiation.

Stephen
https://people.duke.edu/~goranson/

Even more trivial PS.
There was a difference of opinion--this was in a dream, so I won't try to define the topic. One character told me which option she strongly preferred, adding, as if by way of explanation, "I'm with Pace Magazine," presumably so titled (with OED noun 1) in an optimistic logical positivist sort of way, upward and onward pace. But I thought, that could be read as pace, the preposition. [Pace Uni didn't obtain.]