[Ads-l] Sam Hill, 1830

Mon Sep 6 20:02:08 UTC 2021

Excellent find, Dave. Back in October 2017 Peter Reitan clipped a copy
of the same interesting article containing Sam Hill from a New York
newspaper.

Date: February 12, 1830
Newspaper: New-York Evening Post
Newspaper Location: New York, New York
Quote Page 2

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/14597859/the-evening-post/

The paper says the piece is from "From the Providence (R.I.) Journal".
I searched Peter's website at esnpc.blogspot.com and did not see an
article about Sam Hill.

Barry Popik has an entry for Sam Hill with a March 13, 1830 citation.
He also lists excerpts from Wikipedia, World Wide Worlds and the OED.

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/sam_hill/

Garson