[Ads-l] boodgie like natty in the styrofoam

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 9 00:37:32 UTC 2021

> Kids today

Precisely! Here I've been thinking since 1957 that the word was spelled
"boojie."
Inspiration of the term:
https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/483777.Black_Bourgeoisie
by
E[dward] Franklin Frazier, 1957
Originally published in 1955, in French: _Bourgeoisie noire_
Supposedly a fellow-descendant of Taylor Frazier (b. 1825, North Carolina,
d. 190-?, Marshall, Texas). according to family lore. I've never found any
evidence to support this.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2021 at 8:38 PM Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kids today.