[Ads-l] "kickstand" is a verb?

Tue Sep 21 01:40:44 UTC 2021

Thanks for pointing out this interesting verb form, GAT, and thanks
for the examples, Chris.

Here is a 1996 cite with the phrase "kick-standing yourself on a
stool" and a 1997 cite with "kickstanded their bikes".

Date: September 6, 1996
Newspaper: Florida Today
Newspaper Location: Cocoa, Florida
Section: TGIF
Article: Causeway Loop: The Purple Porpoise
Author: Seamus White (Pub Crawler)
Quote Page 15, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/image/175063529/?terms=kickstanding

[Begin excerpt]
The bar stools clustered around round tables are VERY high. High
enough that you might want to just hook one cheek on the seat and
leave the other foot on the floor for stability. Or this could just be
my paranoia after hoisting a few brews. Note: The wooden floors make
for good traction when kick-standing yourself on a stool.
[End excerpt]