[Ads-l] "information" as a plural

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Sep 23 20:52:21 UTC 2021

“Datum” is still holding on in some circles, but it’s fighting a losing battle on the other front with “data point”, which is another way to get to the necessary count noun.  I hear “dayda” as in “beta”, “dadda” as in “whatsamatta”, and sometimes “dahda” as in “a lotta” (the last not restricted to former Latin scholars).   On the original…um, data point, I go with Jon—agreement with the nearest (“allies” or “his team and …”), not with" information”.

LH