[Ads-l] Saying: Half of what we teach you is wrong, but we don't know which half

Sat Apr 30 15:07:02 UTC 2022

The Quote Investigator website now has an article about the saying in
the subject line.

One Half of What I Have Told You May Be Proved Untrue. Unfortunately,
I Cannot Tell You Which Half
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2022/04/29/half-true/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Jonathan Lighter and Marc Sacks whose comments led QI
to formulate this question and perform this exploration. Special
thanks to researcher Barry Popik whose exploration of a related
expression about advertising led him to identify the Boswell precursor
and to locate pertinent citations beginning in 1953.
[End acknowledgment]

Feedback welcome
Garson