[Ads-l] "showrunner" in Being the Ricardos

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Sun Jan 2 16:17:23 UTC 2022

My wife and I watched the show last night, and to the list that now
includes "showrunner", the verb "gaslight", and these items from Ben
Schmidt (copied from an earlier message from Jesse Sheidlower):

* postproduction
* 'timeline' of a pregnancy
* the 'female perspective'
* having a 'corporate retreat'
* 'keep a low profile'
* a woman's 'physicality'.

I will add the biz-speak idiom "circle back".

Incidentally, it took me a while to be willing to watch the show, for two reasons. One was that I had already listened to Season 3 of the podcast "The Plot Thickens," which covered most of the material in the movie in more depth, more accurately, and more chronologically:https://theplotthickens.tcm.com/season-three/

The second reason was the fact that the title was "Being the Ricardos":https://literalminded.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/gerund-movie-titles-revisited/

Neal