[Ads-l] Metaverse

Thu Jan 13 17:51:47 UTC 2022

Thanks for your note VS. Metaverse is an interesting term.

Here is a link to the Quote Investigator article presenting the Neal
Stephenson citation for metaverse within his 1992 novel “Snow Crash”:

In the Lingo, This Imaginary Place Is Known as the Metaverse
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2021/10/30/metaverse/

Here is a ADS message with cites for Mark Zuckerberg and Stephenson:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2021-October/160604.html

Garson