[Ads-l] Request: Source of quote by Aristotle

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Sun Jan 16 06:50:09 UTC 2022

Except for two words ("the" > "their"; "best" > "finest"), that quote
seems to be from Durant's translation of Aristotle, as found in _The
Story of Philosophy_, 1926:

'And finally he establishes the science of embryology. “He who sees
things grow from their beginning” he writes, “will have the finest view
of them.”'

https://archive.org/details/THESTORYOFPHILOSOPHY1TheLivesAndOpinionswillDurant1926/page/n97/mode/2up?q=%22he+who+sees+things+grow%22

On 1/15/22 2:53 PM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard wrote:
> I'd be grateful if someone would tell me the specific source of Aristotle's quote
> "He who sees things grow from the beginning will have the best view of them."
>
> Gerald Cohen

James Eric Lawson